A new roof plays a crucial role in protecting your home from harsh weather conditions such as hail, snow, and rain. Here are some ways in which a new roof helps with weather protection:
- Waterproofing: A new roof is designed to be watertight, preventing water from leaking into your home during heavy rain or snowfall. Making sure you have the correct underlayments and compliant Ice & Water Shield will help prevent windblown rain and ice damming damage
- Wind resistance: A new roof is built to withstand strong winds, reducing the risk of damage caused by storms or hurricanes. Manning Roofing only installs complete roofing systems backed by the manufacturers. We use a 6 nail pattern and SureNail Technology by Owens Corning to give our Roofing Systems 130 mph wind warranties.
- Impact resistance: A new roof can be made from durable materials that are resistant to impact, minimizing the risk of damage from hail or falling debris. Make sure to check with your Insurance Agent and see if your Policy offers discounts for Class 3 or Class 4 Impact resistant shingles. Upgrading might have some significant long term savings. We install Clay Tile, Metal and Standing Seam Roofs, Stone Coated Steel, Synthetic Shingles, and SBR (Rubber) Shingles that qualify for these discounts.
- Snow shedding: A new roof with a steep slope or specialized design can help snow slide off easily, preventing the accumulation of heavy snow that can cause structural damage. Make sure to have Snow Guards installed near all walkways and entries.
- Improved drainage: A new roof should be equipped with an efficient drainage system that channels rainwater away from your home, preventing water pooling and potential water damage. Our Gutter Installers will design a system for you that will protect your foundation. We install 5” and 6” Seamless K Style Gutters and Half Round Gutter Systems too.
By investing in a new roof, you can ensure that your home remains safe and protected from the elements. It’s important to choose high-quality materials and hire professional contractors for installation to maximize the weather protection benefits of a new roof. Your contractor should be a one stop shop!
The MGC crews are all licensed and insured and all installations come with a manufacturer and labor warranty. Ask your Project Manager about additional trades if you need other work completed at your property.
Please note that these are general benefits of a new roof, and specific weather protection features may vary depending on location and the type of roofing material you choose for your property.